Before you decide to have a personal injury attorney stand by your side, ask him or her some vital questions. Understand which legal specialties they pursue, and get any information you can to increase the likelihood that you’ll have a great working partnership with him or her. After all, your injury attorney will be working closely with you to get the best legal representation you deserve!
So which questions should you ask before hiring an injury attorney?
Before hiring a personal injury lawyer, you can ask him or her the following questions specifically related to his or her background, expertise, education, and experience:
- How many years of experience do you have with personal injury legal representation?
- How can you help me get the compensation from my legal case?
- Are you permitted to go to court for me in my jurisdiction?
- What are your qualifications? Which school is your law degree from, and which associations are you part of?
- Will you be the only attorney working on my case?
- Do you foresee any conflict of interest on your part with becoming my lawyer?
- What types of experience do you have when dealing with an insurance company to gain the highest level of compensation for a client?
Additional questions related to your case
In addition to the above questions, it is a good idea to ask questions specifically related to your case, such as:
Feel free to use these questions as a basis for your interview with an injury lawyer. We recommend that you get a great deal of information from the start. That way, you can be informed as much as possible to make the best decision for you and your case.
If you would like to be legally represented by one of our personal injury attorneys at Link & Smith, P.C., we invite you to call us for your complimentary consultation.