If you love the thrill of a motorcycle ride, you should always keep your safety in mind. It is important to enjoy your pastime with caution. If you’re not being safe on your hog, you are likely to be involved in a serious motorcycle accident. The personal injury attorneys at Link & Smith P.C. are here to give you 5 tips to avoid a serious motorcycle injury.
5 Tips to Stay Safe on a Bike
- Always be visible. Keep in mind that as a motorcyclist, you are sometimes difficult to see on the highway. If a driver cannot see you, they may not have enough reaction time to avoid an accident.
- Use reflective strips on your clothing to make sure you are visible, especially at night.
- Wear protective clothing and safety equipment. This includes leather jackets and a helmet with eye protection.
- Always give motorists time and space to respond to you. Stay a safe distance away from other vehicles, avoid speeding, and don’t weave in and out of traffic.
- Know your bike and how to use it. This includes proper rider courses and safety training.
However, no matter how safe you stay on the road, an accident may occur. Oftentimes an accident may not be your fault. It is up to other motorists to be aware of you on the road. They should always be careful around motorcycles, and respect a cyclists’ right to the road. Carelessness on the part of another vehicle is a major cause of motorcycle accidents, yet if this is the case you may be entitled to serious monetary compensation.
A quality personal injury attorney will help you get the compensation you need for your injury claim. They understand that insurance companies want to pay as little as possible in a motorcycle accident claim. However, a motorcycle accident lawyer is here to get you the justice you deserve!
The attorneys at Link & Smith P.C. have over 40 years of combined experience in personal injury law. They have impressive case results worth upwards of $40 million. They also work on a contingency basis, meaning that they don’t get paid until you receive the compensation you deserve.
Remember to always stay safe on a bike, but if the worst happens, call the personal injury attorneys at Link & Smith P.C. for a complementary consultation at 404-315-8840.