If you’re an avid boating or jet-ski enthusiast, you probably feel right at home on the water. Sometimes there’s no better way to spend a weekend than on your boat on one of Georgia’s pristine lakes. Of course, it’s important to remember that boating safety is of the utmost importance. In order to avoid boating and jet-ski injuries, you should follow all safety precautions.
Of course, if you are injured in a boating accident, the boating and jet-ski accident lawyers (based in Atlanta, Georgia) at Link & Smith P.C. would be happy to help! Let these personal injury attorneys give you several safety tips on boating and jet-skiing.
When you’re on the water, it’s important to keep all safety precautions in mind, especially if you’re driving a boat. Believe it or not, boating accidents can be just as severe, if not more severe than auto accidents.
However, if you follow the following safety tips, you will be better equipped to avoid catastrophic injuries and boat crashes:
- Always wear a life jacket, even if you’re driving the boat. One of the leading causes of death on the water is drowning, so a life jacket can save your life.
- Never boat and drink! Boating and drinking has the exact same legal repercussions as drinking and driving, not to mention that it bears the same risks.
- Be aware of other boaters and jet-skiers. Always be careful to look out for other boaters, especially persons on jet-skis because they can be harder to see than other water vehicles.
- Look out for skiers and wake-boarders. Skiers and wake-boarders follow behind a boat and they are easy to miss when you’re looking at the water.
If you’re a boater who follows the aforementioned safety precautions, then you can certainly avoid injuries.
Remember that jet-skiing is about as dangerous as riding a motorcycle, so you should take the same precautions as you would if you were riding on the highway.
These precautions include:
- Knowing how to operate your jet-ski.
- Being aware of other boaters and jet-skiers. Remember that jet-skis are hard to see, and they often go unnoticed to boaters.
If you would like to learn more about how to avoid boating and jet-ski accidents, please click here.
Boating and Jet-Ski Injury Lawyers in Georgia
Sometimes a boating or jet-ski accident is not your fault. If you’ve been injured in a jet-ski or boating accident, you need high-quality boating and jet-ski injury lawyers. Mark Link and Houston Smith at Link & Smith P.C. are boating and jet-ski injury lawyers who are specialists in the field. So, if you’ve been injured in a jet-ski accident, call Mark Link and Houston Smith today for a complimentary consultation at 404-315-8840.