Are you or a loved one suffering from a personal injury due to a texting while driving accident? Are you searching for an Atlanta attorney who will competently represent your case?
Link & Smith, P.C. personal injury firm is a great choice for texting accident attorneys. Injury attorneys are often called upon to represent texting accident victims. Our clients have confidently hired us to give them the representation and settlement they deserve.
Texting and Driving is Illegal
- Texting while driving has been banned in at least 30 states so far. In Georgia, you cannot use your cell phone other than making a phone call. Since Georgia now institutes a $150 fine and a point added to your license to anyone violating the texting while driving law, lawyers have become busy representing texting accident victims.
- Due to this irrational and irresponsible behavior, the number of texting accidents has increased countrywide. Sending and reading text messages (other social media included) is illegal, and consequences can include fatal accidents.
Consequences of Texting and Driving
- One sad texting accident in Chicago reminds us that this irresponsible behavior can have fatal consequences. A distracted motorist struck and killed a 71-year-old man who was on the side of the road gathering information about the accident he was just involved in. To make matters worse, the sidetracked motorist was posting a Facebook update using her electronic communication device.
- Additional texting accidents continue to stir the nation. In Pittsburgh, a 39-year-old suffered injuries after he lost control of his car and careened off a roadway. Later, it was reported that texting on his cell phone was the cause of the accident.
- In California, speculation resumes after Dr. Frank Ryan accidentally went over a cliff, and some report that he was tweeting prior to the accident.
Such sad cases could be avoided if the motorists were not distracted behind the wheel. If you or a loved one are victims of a texting accident, our personal injury attorneys are here to help you, and represent your legal case.
Our lawyers believe that you should be rightly compensated for texting accidents.
Mark Link and Houston Smith are here to answer any questions if you or a loved one has been involved in a texting while driving accident. You can contact us directly at 404-315-8840.