Accidents involving big-rig trucks are some of the most deadly catastrophies on the road. In the last 15 years, these accidents have increased dramatically, especially in Atlanta, GA. In 2007 alone, there were 144,171 reported big-rig accidents, which resulted in more than 83,000 injuries and 4,808 deaths.
Complicated accidents require experienced attorneys
- Accidents involving big-rigs are oftentimes more legally complicated than a common car crash.
- In a car accident, there are two insurance agencies involved in the claim, yet in a big-rig accident, insurance may be more complex. The two main parts of a big rig are the cab and the trailer. Different companies often own these two parts, and this can result in a complicated case involving multiple parties.
- Before deciding to take legal action against the trucking company’s insurance agencies, it is important to contact a personal injury attorney specializing in this specific area. Most trucking companies have lawyers on retainer, ready to act at a moment’s notice should a case such as this arise. These companies are legally prepared and you should be, too.
- The key details to remember in the prosecution of big-rig accidents are the responsibilities of the driver himself or herself. These drivers must adhere to certain rules while traveling.
- Drivers are required to keep a log of how often they drive and how often they are on duty. After a certain number of hours, drivers must rest. A lack of rest leads to driver fatigue, and driver fatigue is the most common cause of deadly crashes. Additionally, there are federal laws which drivers must adhere to, including strict physical requirements, and what types of loads drivers are allowed to carry.
- Drivers do not always adhere to these laws, and a thorough investigation will illuminate these errors, resulting in a larger case settlement. For the largest and most extensive case-settlement possible, hire an experienced personal injury attorney specializing in Georgia truck accidents.
We specialize in big-rig accidents
The attorney’s at Link & Smith P.C. specialize in big-rig accidents, and they have an impressive track record of winning these types of settlements. They have been helping victims of 18-wheeler accidents since 1991, and will work to get you the best settlement possible.
To receive the compensation you deserve for any personal injury resulting from a big-rig accident, and for a complimentary consultation, call Link & Smith P.C. at 404-315-8840.