If you are a victim of a drink driving accident, we recommend that you obtain legal advice as soon as possible. In addition, you should learn the details regarding your medical and auto coverage insurances that you can obtain for damages. It is also recommended to hire a personal injury attorney who specializes in drunk driving and DUI accidents. Ultimately, always remember to protect yourself, as well as your legal rights.
At Link & Smith, P.C., we take pride in treating you as one of our family members, working as hard as possible to fight for your legal rights.
If you or a loved one suffers injuries from a drunk driving accident, you should:
- Always remember, when you are at the scene of the accident, anything you say to any persons involved can be held against you in court procedures.
- Contact your reputable DUI or drunk driving accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident.
- If you would like to be as prepared as possible, you can start educating yourself on your state’s laws and regulations regarding drunk driving accidents.
- While at the scene of the accident, pay special attention to details in case you have to either serve as a witness, or relay those details to the police or personal injury attorney.
Following any of the aforementioned tips, your stress could be reduced somewhat after a drunk driving accident. However, the emotional and psychological trauma experienced after a drunk driving accident can be substantial, but Link & Smith, P.C. attorneys are here to help you every step of the way.
Tips to avoid a drunk driving accident
- If you have to drive during the night hours, be extra cautious of all of your surroundings, especially if you are driving on unfamiliar roads or highways.
- If you are too tired to drive during the night hours, pull over in a safe location and rest. When you are tired, you will be unable to respond to other people’s haphazard driving behaviors.
- Always abide by all driving laws, especially obeying speed limits.
Being a safe driver is paramount in avoiding auto accidents. However, if you have been hit by a drunk driver, or injured in an auto accident due to the negligence of another driver, you can call Link & Smith, P.C. lawyers today!