If you choose to file a personal injury claim yourself, there are several complex phases in the legal process, and many hurdles you will have to jump in order to make sure you are treated fairly.
If you want to save yourself the trouble of self-representation, it is extremely important to contact a lawyer. But, if you are planning on filing a personal injury claim, you may have several important questions.
I’ve just been injured, what should I do now?
- The first and most important action to take is to seek medical attention immediately!
- Afterwards, keep good records. Write down the details of the occurrence to the best of your ability. Take photographs, and note names, addresses, and phone numbers of those involved.
How do I file a claim?
- Locate the court in the area in which you were injured. This may be county where the incident occurred, or it may be the district in which the defendant resides.
- File a complaint, including the name of the court, the plaintiff’s name, defendant’s name, a place for the case number, and the title of the document.
- Return all forms to the court, and begin to compile evidence and eyewitnesses to appear before a judge. In due time, your case may be heard.
How can I save myself the stress, and still make sure that I’m treated fairly?
This is simple. Hire a Personal Injury attorney! An injury attorney will take care of these steps, and legal representation will allow you to take the time you need to recover from the trauma you’ve experienced.
This is not the time for you to trek through the mire of legal complexity. Let us put your mind at ease. The attorneys at Link & Smith P.C. have over 40 years of combined experience and have settled cases worth up to $40 million.
The lawyers at Link & Smith P.C. work exclusively in personal injury law. They specialize in motorcycle accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, auto-accidents, texting-and-driving accidents, and DUI victim representation, in addition to various other types of personal injuries.
These attorneys also work exclusively on a contingency basis, meaning that you will not pay Link & Smith P.C. until they get you the most extensive case results possible.
If you have suffered a personal injury, don’t get bogged down in the sea of self-representation. Call the attorneys at Link & Smith P.C. for a complimentary consultation at 404-315-8840.