If you’ve suffered a personal injury, the following question may be on your mind: “Is it worth it to hire a personal injury attorney?” The answer is yes! At Link & Smith P.C., we want to show you exactly how essential a personal injury lawyer is to getting you the case results you deserve for your personal injury claim. Personal injury lawyers can assist you in many ways, and the difference between legal representation and self-representation is immense.
What will I have to do if I choose to represent myself in court?
There are several steps you will have to take in order to file your claim and get substantial case results. They are as follows:
- Collect evidence to determine exactly who caused the accident, and the extent of the damage done. Taking photographs and witness statements is essential to formulating a solid case.
- Document everything that has happened to you after the accident. This includes documenting medical bills, hospital visits, and any lost wages incurred by your injury.
- Tell anyone you may file suit against that you are planning to file a personal injury claim.
- All of this documentation is essential, because an insurance adjuster will be going over your accident documents with a fine-toothed-comb. Remember, the insurance agency is not on your side. If your damages are not documented, you will receive minimal compensation (if you receive any compensation at all).
- File your court documents. You will go through all of the paperwork associated with the claims process, and even if you fill out every form perfectly, your case may not even go to court.
- Represent your case in court. Essentially, you will be acting as your own lawyer; calling witnesses and learning legal jargon. Remember, you will be going up against trained insurance lawyers who know the ins and outs of the law. Having little or no legal experience will drastically reduce the chances that you will receive an adequate settlement.
Why hire a personal injury attorney?
Can you imagine going through all of this legal trouble while you are in pain? If you are planning on representing yourself in court, you will have little or no time to focus on your health. Your personal well-being is of the utmost importance, and unless you seek legal counsel, you may not receive any compensation.
How personal injury attorneys can help you
- An injury lawyer can draft legal documents.
- An injury lawyer can give you legal advice.
- An injury lawyer can investigate your case.
- An injury lawyer can represent your claim in court.
At Link & Smith P.C., we can save you the stress of the claims process. We will handle your claim, taking many of these steps for you. Most of all, we can help you receive comprehensive compensation, which can cover your medical expenses and personal damages.
At Link & Smith P.C., we have over 40 years of combined experience in personal injury law. We work strictly on a contingency basis, and we exclusively handle personal injury claims.
At Link & Smith P.C., we believe that serious injuries deserve superior results! For a complementary consultation about your accident, call our office at 404-315-8840.