At Link & Smith P.C., we realize that motorcycle riding is an extremely thrilling pastime. With the wind in your hair on the open road, motorcycle riding can be extremely rewarding. However, at Link & Smith P.C., we also realize the dangers associated with motorcycles, and the frequency of motorcycle accidents. If you’re an Athens, GA resident who has suffered a personal injury due to a motorcycle accident, you need the top motorcycle injury lawyers at Link & Smith P.C.!
The exciting college town of Athens, GA is a great place to ride. However, whether you’re a college student, or an Athens resident, you should understand the risks associated with riding a bike.
What are the risks associated with motorcycle riding?
- Motorcyclists are actually 34 times more likely to die in a crash than other motorists.
- Only 2% of registered vehicles are motorcycles, however motorcyclists make up 10% of all accident fatalities.
- In two vehicle accidents involving a motorcycle, the fatality statistics are as follows: 90% of the fatalities involved the motorcycle driver, 8% were passengers on the motorcycle, and only 2% were passengers in the other motor vehicle.
- Over 90% of motorcycle accident fatalities occur on non-interstate highways.
- Out of every 100 non-helment fatalities, 37 of those individuals would have lived had they been wearing a helmet.
What are the common causes of motorcycle accidents?
- Drivers not seeing the motorcycle rider
- Drivers turning in front of the motorcycle rider
- Motorcycle defects
- Drunk drivers
Most of these factors do not involve fault on the part of the motorcycle rider. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident and you are not the faulted party, you may be entitled to serious monetary compensation! However, in order to receive compensation to cover your personal damages, medical bills, and lifestyle changes caused by the accident, you need a personal injury lawyer!
Why do you need a top Athens injury lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer understands the legal process, and can help you in a variety of ways. Personal injury attorneys can investigate your case, give you legal advice, draft legal documents, and represent your case in court. All of these benefits will help you receive the compensation you deserve.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, you need our top injury attorneys at Link & Smith P.C.! We have over 40 years of combined experience in personal injury law. We work strictly on a contingency basis, so you won’t have to pay any up front fees. In addition we exclusively handle personal injury claims, and we have helped our clients receive case results worth upwards of $40 million.
We handle a variety of personal injury claims including motorcycle accidents, auto-accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, boating and jet-ski accidents, in addition to DUI victim representation.
At Link & Smith P.C., we are invested in you! We treat our clients on an individual basis, and we are committed to helping our clients receive the most comprehensive case results possible for their claims.
If you need an Athens injury lawyer, choose our top-notch attorneys at Link & Smith. For a complementary consultation, call 888-315-8840. Remember, at Link & Smith P.C. serious injuries deserve superior results!